AviationADR is an alternative dispute resolution scheme operated by Consumer Dispute Resolution Limited (CDRL). CDRL is an independent and impartial organisation that specialises in alternative dispute resolution in the following areas:
Our members are bound by our Scheme Rules, part of which states that they will be bound by any decision that we make.
Our role is to ensure all parties receive a fair and reasonable outcome. To ensure that we this at all times an Independent Standards Board monitors our recommendations and decisions.
Who AviationADR can hear complaints about?
We can accept complaints about any of our members listed on this website.
Types of complaint we can deal with
We can deal with most disputes between consumers and airlines, including disputes in relation to:
- Denied boarding, delayed or cancelled flights
- Damaged, lost or delayed luggage
- Destruction, damage or loss of items worn or carried by a passenger
- Problems faced by disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility
- Issues of unfair trading
Complaints we cannot deal with – IMPORTANT NOTES:
1) Before lodging a complaint with AviationADR you must first have complained direct to the airline and given them up to eight weeks to respond.
2) Complaints to AviationADR can be submitted without the need for any independent advice or third party representation.